- “Customer Complaints Unit” (CCU) means the dispute resolution body set up by the ‘Distribution Company’ ie Ikeja Distribution Company (Ikeja Disco – Ikedc), Eko Distribution Company (EKO Disco), Yola Electricity Distribution Company (YEDC) etc.
- Every DISCO shall establish a CCU within its premises to received and resolve customer complaints
- Each CCU shall be headed by a senior officer of the DISCO designated as the Customer Complaints Officer and staffed by employees of the DISCO
- All complaints must be lodged firstly, in writing (handwritten, typed or emailed) with the CCU of the DISCO.
- For a non-literate complainant, the complaint shall be made to the Customer Complaints Officer who shall record it and insert a statement indicating that the complaint was recorded by him and that it was understood by such complainant.
- The CCU has 15 working days to resolve a complaint.
- If a customer is dissatisfied with the resolution or receives no response, it can be escalated to the ‘Forum’
- Who is the Forum? The Forum is “Forum For Customer Complaints to be Establiashed By NERC under the EPSRAct, with stipulated Member composition”
- What happens in the Forum? Any Customers whose complaints are not satisfactorily addressed by the Customer Complaints Unit of the Distribution Licensee may approach the Forum established for customer complaint.
- After the Forum, any other level of complaint? Any Customer not satisfied with the Forum Ruling can then proceed to court.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
WhatsApp/SMS – +2348095476620